Why a French Speaking Nanny?
If you need expert childcare with the added benefit of improving your child’s understanding of a foreign language, then a bilingual speaking nanny can be invaluable.
Speaking to a young child in a foreign language is widely accepted as being far more effective than traditional lessons at a later age.
Many different families have benefited from employing a French speaking nanny:
- Families who are planning to relocate abroad and wish to give their child a linguistic advantage before the move.
- Families who wish to give their child an educational advantage at school and for their future development
- Families who speak French as an additional language to English, and wish to boost their child’s fluency for family reasons.
Our professional nannies are fluent in English and speak many languages, including French, Russian, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Mandarin Chinese.
A French speaking nanny’s primary role will be educational; she will speak to your child in the foreign language and also give informal lessons where necessary. She can also help with the typical duties of any other childcare professional. These duties may include:
- assisting with homework
- helping with extracurricular activities
- helping with playdates, outings and other social activities
- picking up and collecting children from school
- carrying out light household tasks such as laundry
- preparing simple snacks/meals for your child.
We believe that a bilingual nanny will help provide a stimulating environment to your child, combining the benefits of a foreign language with expert childcare.
Wordsmith Education is a traditional nanny agency specialized in the placement of bilingual nannies.
We aim to build your child’s confidence in a foreign language by only choosing the most educated and professional nannies. A foreign language is a huge educational asset and offers a clear academic and practical advantage. Wordsmith Nannies is one of the only agencies which specialise in the placement of highly-educated, bilingual nannies. We are not a general nanny or domestic staff recruitment agency. We specialise in only providing a certain type of professional, so we know our field very well. Our bilingual nannies aim to enhance your child’s enjoyment and understanding of foreign languages, whilst providing expert childcare. Most importantly of all, when selecting our nannies we will prioritise a caring and loving attitude towards your family. If you are an experienced, well-qualified nanny we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV, short covering letter and photo to our email address shown above. You must be bilingual, with at least 2 years of childcare experience. We also require registration with the Ofsted Childcare Register (OCR) and an up to date CRB/DBS check. You must have legally resided in the UK for at least 6 months.